Wednesday, May 3, 2017

. . . and We're Moving Right Along


Sorry I haven't posted for several weeks, (I am now at week 10 since the surgery) I think I was just being lazy, it happens sometimes. Anyway, things seems to be moving along as they should. I was getting concerned as I was only losing about half to one pound a week and thought maybe I was doing something wrong. A call to the nutritionist let me know this is normal and assured me the weight loss would pick up and it has.

She told me a lot of times the reason why we lose energy can be because we are not getting enough protein, which is what I thought, but the surprising thing was you also lose energy if you are not taking in enough water. That was the ticket for sure. I've been working on drinking at least 32 ounces of water a day and my energy levels have increased, so yay for that!

Have now gotten into a workout routine three times a week which consists of a 30 minute circuit workout (Planet Fitness) and 20 to 30 minute treadmill walk. It seems when I do the workout I can only muster up enough energy to do about 15-20 minutes on the treadmill, without the workout I can definitely get in the 30 minutes. They tell me to just do my best, do what I can do and don't get stressed about it.

Well, I am now starting to lose 1.5 to 2 pounds a week and feel more on track to lose the 100 lbs I am hoping for by the end of the year. 

So far so good. 

Weight loss to date 34 lbs
Current weight: 252 lbs



No comments:

Post a Comment